I LOVE Amazon Prime. And, honestly, the reasons are endless. From TIME SAVED to MONEY SAVED plus more, these 26 AWESOMES delivered by Amazon Prime will immediately improve your life. You’re welcome.
1. DOWNTON ABBEY. I’m new to the Downton Abbey bandwagon, but I’m hooked. Lucky for me and you, Seasons 1-5 are available to stream for FREE with your Amazon Prime Membership. That’s a $60-$75 savings, depending if you would have otherwise had to purchase them in DVD or digital form.
2. CHEAPEST PRICES & EASY COMPARISON SHOPPING. With Amazon Prime you get an extra discount on so many products. And, whenever I am at a store making a bigger purchase, I quickly hop onto my Amazon Mobile App (available on iTunes or Android), click the camera button, and scan the bar code. This instantly tells me what the cost is with my Amazon Prime membership. It is always lower! So, I just add it to my Amazon cart and it is delivered in a couple of hours or a day at the most (see below).
3. FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING. Obviously.
4. FREE 1 DAY SHIPPING. Not quite as obvious, but one day free shipping is available on orders over $35. This was a total life saver for me when Amazon Prime promptly delivered Star Wars Movies 1-6 during the “The Blizzard of 2016” in Washington DC, often referred to as snowzilla. [Update: Amazon has now changed this to be a minimum of $2.99, depending the size of the product ordered. Sad, but I still love Amazon Prime.]
5. FREE SAME DAY DELIVERY. Now, this is just insane. But, if you live in one of the following metropolitan areas, your Amazon Prime membership comes with free same day delivery.
Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas / Ft. Worth, Fresno, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Louisville, Milwaukee, Nashville, New York City, North & Central New Jersey, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Richmond, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle / Tacoma, Stockton, Tampa Bay Area, Tucson, and Washington, D.C.
Click here to check your specific zip code. Then begin jumping up and down.
6. YOU DON’T OVER BUY = SAVINGS. In addition to Amazon Prime, I also LOVE TARGET. I love to wander the aisles aimlessly figuring out what else I might need in addition to the single box of kleenex on my list. I often end up with some new yoga pants. BECAUSE YOGA PANTS. And also a couple of new legos for the kids and ice cream. THESE ARE THINGS WE DO NOT NEED. Although, DEBATABLE. Amazon Prime saves me money by keeping me buying just the necessities.
7. FREE AUDIO BOOKS. Audible is Amazon’s audio book platform and it rocks. Non-prime peeps can get a 30 day free trial with 2 free audio books. Amazon Prime members get a 3 month trial and 3 audiobooks. And, if you like to switch between reading and listening, Amazon has 70,000 titles that allow you to do this. You can easily exchange a book you don’t like and cancel anytime.
8. FLOWERS. Amazon offers awesome flower delivery perfect for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Birthdays or just any day. With Amazon Prime, you give these gorgeous bouquets at even more discounted prices. You can send a gorgeous large bouquet for $40.
9. GROCERIES. I hate the grocery story, do you? Because, I go there with the children and they run around and scream and ask me relentlessly for sugar. We can minimize this pain by buying groceries, household things, and stuff for our animals through Amazon Prime Pantry. For a flat $5.99 ship fee, you can purchase 45 pounds of groceries to be delivered straight to your door. That’s a lot.
10. DIAPERS. Amazon Prime members are also Amazon Family members, which gives you 20% off of diapers through their Subscribe & Save program and 15% off eligible products from your baby registry. You can set up your baby registry for FREE (just click). Baby butts will be dry and people can send you gifts from across the land all with complete ease of shopping while saving a few bucks.
11. SHOPPING BY PHONE. Skip your laptop and get all your shopping done while waiting at the Pediatrician or getting your nails done. Get the app here (iTunes or Android).
12. FREE KINDLE BOOKS. With Amazon Prime, you have access to a virtual library of 500,000 books. Check one out per month to read on your Kindle app. Return anytime with no late fees. Also get a free Kindle reading app!
13. SHARE YOUR MEMBERSHIP. THIS IS A BIG ONE. You can share your Amazon Prime membership with anyone else in your family who shares your physical address without needing to use the same login. Your prime membership includes sharing with 1 other adult and up to 4 kids, so you can easily get everyone streaming their favorite movies, shows and music. Because NO ONE ever agrees on what to watch. BLESS OUR PEOPLE.
14. Beyoncé. Yep, you get access to UNLIMITED, AD-FREE STREAMING MUSIC with Amazon Music through their mobile app (click to download on iTunes and Android). It houses a library of hundreds of playlists and millions of songs. I don’t think it is as great as Pandora (free but with ads) or Apple Music (costs $9.99 a month), but it is FREE with your Amazon Prime membership without any ad interruption.
15. UNLIMITED PHOTO STORAGE. All those photos on your phone can be backed up to Amazon by just clicking your mobile app with Amazon Prime. If you don’t already use a cloud based service to save your memories, this could be a great solution for you. Read more about Amazon Prime Unlimited Storage here.
16. SAVE ON COLLEGE. Amazon Prime Students membership is free for 6 months and then 50% off the full price afterwards. Your kids will enjoy all the same streaming and access benefits, including grocery shopping at a discount. And, with all your Prime savings you can ship them extra care packages. WIN. WIN. (click here to try it for 6 months free)
17. CHEAPER THAN NETFLIX. While $99 a year may seem a bit lofty, it breaks down to $8.25 a month, which is now less than your monthly Netflix subscription or 2 lattes at Starbucks. I CANNOT EVEN. That’s a sweet deal.
18. INSTANT MOVIES & TV. With Amazon Prime, you have access to unlimited movies and TV shows. Their selection is pretty good, but not amazing. HOWEVER, the less-than-amazing selection is overcome by free access to The Americans, The Hunger Games movies, and Bubble Guppies. Plus, the Amazon Video App (available on iTunes and Android) lets you watch it on all your devices and on the go. Like on an airplane with a screaming child (as long as there is wifi).
19. HBO, CINEMAX & STARZ. With Amazon Prime, you can add on premium channel content for $8.99 a month, which is cheaper than your cable providers are charging. BECAUSE, YOU DO NOT NEED A CABLE SUBSCRIPTION.
20. LAUGHTER. Yes, premium content also includes access to Comedy Central Stand Up for $3.99 a month. But, isn’t laughter really priceless?
21. VIDEO GAME DISCOUNTS. If your husband or your kiddos are video game enthusiasts, then Amazon Prime will definitely pay for itself because you receive a 20% discount on all new video games, including pre-orders.
22. FREE 1 HOUR RESTAURANT DELIVERY. WHAATT? Yep, get an awesome pizza delivered for free in less than an hour in Chicago, or anything else. One hour free restaurant delivery is also available in San Diego, Austin, Baltimore, Los Angeles, Portland and Seattle. Download the PRIME NOW app (click here for iTunes and here for Android).
23. PRIME NOW 2 HOUR DELIVERY. While you are finishing up with your takeout ordered within an hour, anything else you need delivered from amazon can reach you within the next hour. PRIME NOW has 2 hour delivery in select areas and offers additional deals like $10 off with the code “10PRIMENOW” and 50% off weekly select deals. Click here and enter your zip code to see if your are located within the PRIME NOW delivery area.
24. DRONES? I haven’t had one deliver to my doorstep yet, but I am pretty sure this will score awesome points with my little guys when it happens. And likely first to experience drone delivery will be Amazon Prime members. To check up on how Amazon’s drone delivery is going read here.
25. YOGA. The Amazon Prime Gaia add-on subscription brings creates a serene yoga studio in my living room. For $9.95 a month, Amazon Prime members receive access to unlimited yoga and meditation classes from GAIA right at home, plus additional programming. Considering you likely pay between $15 and $18 for a single class at a studio, or $99 a month of unlimited studio classes, this is a huge savings. Yoga on.
26. EARLY ACCESS TO DEALS. Amazon Prime members enjoy early access to the best deals, which makes my Christmas shopping so much easier.
Whew, that was a long list! If you don’t have Amazon Prime, I cannot even imagine. I hope you are doing OK. 🙂 You can try Amazon Prime for 30 days FREE. Honestly, it will change your LIVING.
P.S. Here are 4 more awesomes that simply make using Amazon Prime awesomer, but are just because it is Amazon. With all this extra time you’re saving, you can read my tips on how to live life with more grace. Here.
1. REVIEWS. Isn’t it great to know any pitfalls of a purchase before actually having to purchase it? THANK YOU TO EVERYONE IN THE UNIVERSE FOR THEIR REVIEWS.
2. FREE RETURNS. You never pay to return anything.
3. EASY REORDER. Do you have several products you purchase each month or even every couple of months? Easily search through your previous orders and just hit the little reorder button. BOOM.
4. SHOPPING FOR EVERYTHING ON YOUR COUCH. Obviously, a huge benefit to Amazon is that you can pretty much buy ANYTHING from your couch at midnight in your jammies; or while hanging out at baseball and soccer practice in your yoga pants. I KNOW YOU.
P.S.S. Are you worried about all the extra cardboard boxes being consumed with Amazon delivery, because I am. I make sure to recycle each one because we need to care for our earth. I love her and I know you do too.
I’m an affiliate for things I’ve bought or used personally. If you click through my referral link, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission and you will help support and grow this blog and our community. Thank you for your support in this way.